The heart of BC's local food community.
Your business and the We ♥ Local program….it’s a recipe for success.
We ♥ Local is growing fast. We’re looking for local BC farmers, producers, restaurants, retailers and vendors to join us. We ♥ Local is a year-round initiative that encourages consumers to sample, identify, enjoy and celebrate local BC food and agricultural products.
Want to know how your business can qualify and get involved?
Qualifying is as simple as fitting the criteria and submitting your details. If you’re a business that features local farmed or harvested foods from within BC, or a processor who packages any food in BC with local ingredients, then you’re already a contender for the program.
Does your business fit this criteria?
- Restaurant partners: Must have a minimum of 5 menu items made with qualifying products.
- Supermarket retailers: Must ensure that at least 10% of their total product mix qualifies.
- Boutique retailers: Must offer at least 20 qualifying products, OR must ensure that more than 50% of their products qualify.
- Merchants, market vendors, and food trucks: Must offer at least 20 qualifying products, OR must ensure that more than 50% of their products qualify.
- Farms: Must ensure that more than 50% of their products qualify, AND must sell directly to consumers.
- Farmed and harvested foods: fruits, vegetables, poultry, seafood, dairy, eggs, etc. must be farmed and/or harvested within the Province of BC. Cattle must be classified as Western Canadian.
- Processed foods: any food, beverage, or natural health product processed and packaged entirely in BC, where physically and economically viable.
Learn more about member eligibility here
Enjoy your We ♥ Local Membership Benefits
Look no further than these awesome business opportunities:
- You’ll be included in the Buy Local. Eat Natural. website in recipes, blogs and profiles.
- You’ll get valuable promotions from our growing social media community on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- You’ll get featured on the Buy Local. Eat Natural. mobile App.
- You’ll be able to capitalize on ambassador opportunities like cooking classes, videos and other programs.
- And you’ll get We ♥ Local branding materials to use on menus, storefronts, ads, websites, and social media.
Get to know the We ♥ Local Advisory Board Members
- Christina Burridge, Executive Director, BC Seafood Alliance. Read Christina’s bio.
- Julie Dickson Olmstead, Communications Director, Overwaitea Food Group. Read Julie’s bio.
- Gay Hahn, CEO, Avalon Dairy. Read Gay’s bio.
- Lee Humphries, Executive Chef, The Local Group/Local Lounge Grille. Read Lee’s bio.
- Elizabeth Quinn, Executive Director, BC Association of Farmers’ Markets. Read Elizabeth’s bio.
- Gillian Robbins, BC Poultry Farmer. Read Gillian’s bio.